Saturday, October 31, 2015

TOMBOW DESIGN TEAM CALL APPLICATION- SERENA BEE

Hello Ghoulies! 

Welcome to my blog and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Today I am celebrating my favourite holiday with a design team application for Tombow's New DT for 2016. *wish me luck*  Today is the last day to enter and if you're interested check out their blog for more info HERE

Here is a little more about me:

My name is Serena Bee I am 27 and I am a Youtube Crafter. (You can view my channel here). I've been crafty full time as I like to call it for the last 5 years and I have loved every minute of it. Crafting is more than just a hobby for me. It's a way of life and I would love to make it my career one day. 

PROJECT #1

For my first project I would like to share the pocket letter tutorial I made back in August for my guest design team spot on the Tombow blog! This project showcases some different techniques and projects I enjoy creating. For example, it showcases my skill and love for creating mixed media projects, ATCs, and art journaling through the watercolour backgrounds created. I also used some of my handmade DIY cupcake liner embellishments to decorate the middle shaker pocket and also the decorative picks I created using flower and donut dies. I also showcase my coloring of these images.


Moreover, I created my own glitter dots using the Tombow adhesive dots and glitter. I then sealed these dots using the Tombow Mono Aqua liquid glue, which is my favorite go to glue this past year!


I have a step by step video tutorial where I go through how I made this pocket letter from coloring the images using the Tombow Dual Brush Pens- Bright Palette to the watercolored background using the same pens and the Tombow Blending Kit. Click this video below to watch my tutorial.


Here is a closer look at my layering and DIY cupcake liner embellishment.


PROJECT #2

I am a paper crafter at heart, however, one of my other passions is creating altered projects or easy and affordable DIY home decor projects. For my next project I would like to share a more recent item I made for this Halloween season. I created an altered witch cauldron wall hanging decor piece. Although I used hot glue to adhere most of the floral picks and sprays I did use Tombow Mono Aqua liquid glue to adhere all the glitter used on the "smell my feet" sign.




I also have a step by step video tutorial for this project. You can watch it down below. 

Basically I started off with trimming the floral picks and sprays down to the size I needed and began adhering them to the back side of the cauldron sign using a hot glue gun.
 Once all the picks were secured to the back of the sign, I then began working on the "smell my feet" wood piece. At first I gessoed the wood piece in order to paint it with orange paint. However, I wasn't achieving the look I wanted so I moved on to using an orange Sharpe oil-based paint pen to color the sign. Once that dried, I began adding a layer of glue with the Tombow Mono Aqua liquid glue and added fine orange glitter and then later a chunky orange glitter on the top.

Next, it was time to add the second cauldron piece to the backside in order to hide all the glue and picks we adhered down. This gave the sign a more professional and cleaner look and allows you to hang the sign up on the wall if you chose to do so.

Next it was time to decorate the front of the cauldron, I started by adhering a black and white polka dot ribbon with some hot glue. Next I made a bow using the same ribbon and placed that on the left hand side of the cauldron. For a finishing touch, I decided to add a jack-o-lantern resin embellishment piece in the center of the bow. Lastly, it was time to add the last finishing touch, the "smell my feet" piece. Once that was adhered with hot glue the project was complete. This is an easy and quick project anyone could do.

Here is the video:


PROJECT #3

For this last project I want to share a Disney mini album I created. For this album I wanted to do a classic black and white themed album mixed in with pops of colors such as pink, red, and gold. 








I just love layering on projects!



 This is a paper bag envelope mini album which means there are pockets on the sides with more room for photos and journaling. I also used my Tombow Xtreme glue and Tombow Stamp Runner adhesive to adhere down the embellishments and also my Mono Aqua Glue through out this whole album.

I also have a video where I show this album in its entirety. This is the first video share I found on Youtube that shows a paper bag mini made using the Cinch for it's binding. I had plans of having this mini as a tutorial, however, I sadly deleted the footage I had filmed. 

There are so many more project  I wish to share. I also enjoy creating scrapbook layouts, cards, pages in my Midori travelers notebook, art journaling, DIYs, and so much more! But for now I hope I showcased my range, creativity and style within these 3 projects.

Thank you Tombow for stopping by and checking out my application. Having the chance to be a part of the new 2016 Design Team would mean the world to me. I would love to design some more with your amazing and great quality items. Tombow is already my favorite glue company and it would be amazing to have a chance to support a company I love and help spread the word of Tombow! *hehe* I am ready for this new adventure in my crafty career. My dream is to work in this industry and start my own line. It's the best feeling designing and creating and I hope that I will get a chance to do so for your company. I am ready to share with the world my unique and creative crafty style! So please pick me :)

Thanks again for the opportunity and for your consideration. Good luck to everyone who applied!

Serena Bee

x_Youtube_x
http://youtube.com/serenabee

x_Instagram_x
 http://www.instagram.com/seresbee

x_Blog_x
http://www.wondercrafted.blogspot.com

 x_Facebook Page_x
https://www.facebook.com/groups/serenabeecreative/

x_Follow Me on Pinterest_x
https://www.pinterest.com/serena_bee/

x_Follow me on Twitter_x
http://www.twitter.com/braciedesigns








6 comments:

  1. Serena is a very talented, crafty, inspirational young woman who would make an outstanding addition to your team! I can assure you that if you offer her the opportunity, you won't be disappointed. She brings a lot of new ideas to the table, and her instructional videos are family-friendly and suitable for audiences of all ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so cute thank you for the kind words that means so much to me <3

      Delete
  2. Really great selection of projects! I love all the details, so much creativity and out of the box thinking involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. You made sure to write "Tombow" numerous times which helps them focus better on what you're writing about. Including the links as a great idea and going into some detail in each section was very nice. I think this was a great letter to send. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Serena! You would make a great contribution to the Tombow design team! I have loved every single project you have ever done since I started watching you on YouTube over three years ago and became crafty friends! I wish you nothing but the best as you continue to work towards making your crafty dreams come true! Jenn (scrapbena creations)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for commenting!