Thursday, July 18, 2013

Toff: Halloween in July

Hello lovelies!

I have yet another TOFF challenge entry for you all today. I'm cutting it really close this time as it is due tomorrow but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a halloween/dark themed project for this challenge since you all know by now how much I love Halloween.

My Octopode Storybook is going to be called "Octopode Land" when it's all done. Here is page 4:




I used Zombie Betty digi stamp and colored her in  with my copics. For the background I was inspired by her dress and by the bride of Frankenstien and decided to piece together the background with various halloween patterned paper. I then applied a white wash using gesso mixed with water and added, with a paint brush, some Heidi Swapp color shine in tinsel to give it a grey look and feel. I then splattered various colors of spray ink and used my new MFT stamp set called Abstract Art. The quote is from a Misfits song called "Hate the living, Love the Dead" an amazing song! I stamped it out with the wood alpha studio G stamps and colors in with copics.

Here is a close up of Betty.

I am happy with how this page turned out and it was the first time I ever collaged papers to create a background and I really enjoyed it.

Now don't forget to check out the TOFF challenge blog to see all the great projects and for some inspiration!

Thanks for checking in
 Byes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for commenting!