Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Octopode Factory Challenge!

Hello hello.

Today I am excited to share with you guys my entries into the new Octopode Factory challenge on their blog. I've been wanting to join and recently bought 10 new images from their etsy shop so I just couldn't wait to start playing with these images. The Octopode Factory is definitely one of my favorite digi stamp companies out there. I randomly found them by watching a video from one of their design team members  Mary and I just fell in love. Actually, I was overwhelmed by excitement and rushed to check out their shop. I've always had my own style and was always different from others so when I began crafting I just assumed that all there was out there was cutesy things and stamps. But boy was I wrong. Thus far I've discovered digi stamps from Octopode Factory, Dilly beans stamps creepy little characters and Stampotique stamps by Daniel Torrente. Now this is more like it! I love this still of stamps and images and it is right up my alley. And I'm sure there  are more companies out there that I haven't discovered yet.
The main reason why I love TOF stamps is because it reminds me of my favorite comics by Jhonen Vasquez called Johnny The Homicidal Manic and Squee and also because she made her own versions of favorite classic characters or movies that I adore for instance, Frankenstein  Nosferatu, Nightmare Before Xmas, Adam's Family and my favorite... ROCKY HORROR!! I am still waiting to purchase that set!

So let me get to the point. This weeks challenge was Easter and open to our interpretation but since Easter has come and gone I decided and was inspired by certain aspects of Easter for this layout. So the Easter inspiration I took for my page were the bright colors of Easter eggs, pinks, greens, blues, purples, and yellows. And those are the colors I used to build the background for my art journal page and also for my Marie Antoinette image. When I think of Easter I can't help but think of warm weather and spring so that's where the idea of "my garden of stars" came from. I used the image Star Stems and made a garden where stars grow. I also added glitter to some stars at random but you can't really see it in the pictures.




I will be back shortly with my second entry into this challenge.

So that's it. I really like how I interpreted this weeks challenge and I hope you did too!  For more info on TOC check out the blog here and check out the shop! 


But that's not all! I will be playing along with Simon Says Stamp challenge as well. The theme is APRIL SHOWERS AND/OR SPRING FLOWERS and I've decided on spring flowers for this challenge.

Wish me luck!

Serena

5 comments:

  1. Your card look gorgeous!!!
    Good luck to the challenge!

    If you wish, come on my blog ... If you want, you can become a Member? Please! ... I'd be honored

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous layout! Simply gorgeous use of colours and love the Octopode digi as the main focus with the stars and checked background - love it! thanks for playing at TOFF :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are the winner of this octopode challenge... email me at theoctopodefactory@hotmail.com to claim your 3 digi prize!

    lily x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great layout! I like the star flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for commenting!