Thursday, November 15, 2012

Update

I know, I know. I said I wouldn't do this again but I did. I have let weeks go by before my next blog post. I'm sure you've heard it all before, I was super busy, swamped with work, yada yada yada. But it is the truth. These days all I do is work on my jewelry line. Opening up an online shop is a lot harder than it looks. It doesn't help that I keep buying new supplies which in turn means I have new designs and pieces to create which also means more items to take pictures of and post onto my shop and write descriptions etc. And when I'm not making jewelry I am at work or doing some data transcription for a lab I volunteer for at my university.  I have also been crafting. In fact, I made 6 cards just last Sunday! I took a break from jewelry and spent the whole day crafting and it felt so good! I sell my cards at work and even though it's a little slow I have sold a few cards there. Just last week someone asked for birthday cards so that's what I made on Sunday, 5 birthday cards and 1 anniversary card. I will post pictures at the end of this post so stay tuned!

I've also been working with a graphic designer and she has created a logo for my Jewelry line. She also created the banner for my store, business cards, and stickers. I love it because it makes things more official. I didn't want to open my first store without a bang! And wanted it to look professional. That is why I still haven't opened it up. Even thought I just received my cards and stickers this Tuesday, there are still a few things I have to do before opening the shop. I want to announce the grand opening at least 1 week before and for the whole week do lots of promo work and fix up certain things in the shop and add (and edit) more pictures. I guess I don't really know when I will be ready to open the shop. I just want to make sure everything is ready so that I can just focus on the promotion part of the week before. But I guess this is just the perfectionist in me. Also, this is a big step for me. My jewelry has sold well at work and with friends and friends of friends so I truly believe I can get more business through the internet world. I believe in what I do and what I create and I hope the rest of the world will too!

On a side note, Christmas is coming up and I have been in Christmas hell at work. Let me tell you, placing Christmas stock in a store is not all that it's cracked up to be, especially where I work. It's ridiculous. I think I will be forever finding sparkles on my body and clothes until the new year!
With Christmas comes (as you crafters all know) Christmas cards! And I'm not gonna lie I'm somewhat of a Grinch when it comes to Christmas but deep down I secretly like the holiday. So I only own 1 stamp set that I purchased from work that is winter related. I made some pretty nice cards with it last year but there is only so much you can make with one stamp set! So this year I've had my eye on Lawn Fawn's 'Making Frosty Friends'. When it comes to Christmas motifs, my favorites are snowmen and snowflakes and I just got to have this set! Also, I want some X-mas sentiment stamps so I've decide to get Paper Smooches 'Joyful Greetings' because of the whimsical font of the words and there are so many things you can do with their sentiments. However, I made a promise to myself to not spend anymore money for the time being on crafting supplies since I've been spending a lot for my jewelry. These stamp sets don't come cheap either and with shipping costs, things do add up. But I will probably give in anyway.

Alright, this post is getting long so I will post the pictures now. Thanks for sticking around and reading!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for commenting!