Friday, August 3, 2012

I'm Back!

I know, I know, I haven't been updating my blog! Part of the reason was because I was in Portugal having an amazing vacation with my family. I haven't seen them in 16 years so it was a special vacation for me. It is so beautiful there, the scenery is spectacular and honestly, words can't describe the feeling I had when I was on top of those mountains looking down. It had to be one of the best feelings in the world! Even though I enjoy living in a city, I don't think it's for me. Being in Portugal made me realize that I really do love nature and being able to wake up and have nature surround me from all side feels amazing. In Sao Miguel, Azores (which is where I stayed) there is so much beauty, you would get lost in it. I remember driving around and to my left was the Atlantic Ocean, gleaming in the sun, and to my right a beautiful mountain range with horses and cows. I absolutely adore it there, if you can't already tell :).

However, I did miss my kitty cats and of course crafting! There were some days where all I wanted to do was craft and work on my smash books. I just wanted to make something! So what I did was make some thread bracelets for my cousins to satisfy my need to craft.

Being back in Montreal was bittersweet, I wish I could have stayed in Portugal a little bit longer. But now that I am back I have worked on some smash pages. My boyfriend picked up 2 more smash books for me on his vacation to Florida. I am now the proud owner of the orange/red pocket folio and the retro blue folio (yay!). In total I now have 7 smash books!  The red/orange folio is dedicated to my music and so far I have decorated the front cover and the inside covers. I've mostly been working on my Travelogue (orange) folio and trying to finish up my Florida pages. On my trip to Portugal I collected A LOT of stuff and I'm beginning to think I might need a smash book just for that! I also took A LOT of pictures, I think I had about 2000 (yikes!). Sorting through which pictures to keep and which ones to print for my book is going to be very difficult.

I am currently working on something very special to me, my jewelry line. I have something very special lined up for it and I can't wait to share what it is with my readers! But you guys will have to sit tight until then.


Thanks for reading this long post of mine.

Peace and Love,
Serena

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see that your back and posting! Sounds like you had a really great trip, i'm excited to see your smashbook pages of it. <3 mae

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for commenting!