Monday, May 13, 2013

TOFF Challenge: Music

Hey guys!

Today's post is going to be about my entry into the current Toff Challenge over on TCF blog here. The theme this time around is music and I am excited because I love music (who doesn't right?) This page is the first page in my Octopode Factory Storybook. <--Click this link to check it out!


I had a lot of fun making this page mostly because I got to play around with my new Inka Gold Colors (graphite, rose, violet) and Silks Acrylic Glaze in Va Va Voom Red which is more of a purple and not a red, weird huh?! But before I did that I took a regular sheet of white tissue paper and stamped a music note background stamp all over it. I then adhered it down with some matte gel medium and did the painting on top. I just laid down my colors with no rhyme or reason and I had fun with just doing whatever. The finished result make the music note tissue paper really disappear into the background but you can still see it, which is neat. I really love this technique, you can create your own unique tissue paper by using stazon inks and any kind of stamps.  Here is a close up photo:


Can you see the music notes in the background?

for my next trick I took a piece of punchinella, a diamond stencil, and white acrylic paint and added some texture to my page.  I then added some more Inka Gold  to darken the colors and used the color graphite with some random plastic thing I had at home to add more texture. I then sprayed the page with dylusions inks in crushed grape and funky fuchsia and made it drip. I wanted the music sheet stamp to show up a bit more so I stamped over the white parts to make it stand out more.  Then I used black pens to outline the page. 
I then used the Star Stems digi stamp and cut out the stars, painted them with watercolors and put them randomly on the page and outlined them. 
The quote are song lyrics from a song called Heaven Knows by Rise Against, it is one of my most loved songs and it just came to me and went well with the page's theme. I outlined the quote with a white pen and wrote the song name at the end of the page.


I hope you like it, I sure do.

Serena



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for commenting!